Thursday 20 November 2014

Cuteness Alert! Cats of Istanbul

Cats of Istanbul is one of the first things you'll realize, even before the sights. Cats are a characteristic of Istanbul. You can see cats at any corner and at any street. Most of these cats are very friendly (as our blog is) and let you to stroke their heads and backs.

If you visit Istanbul you are lucky in two ways: you'll see the judas trees bloom and new kittens walk around. Every spring I feel like going crazy when I see those cuties. I visit particularly Nisantasi Demokrasi Park for feline reasons.



I have dozens of photos that I had difficulty to filter out. Some cats are more friendly, some cats run away. But what they have in common is that they are all so photogenic! So, unfortunately I can only share a few of them.

1. Nisantasi cats


These are my favourites. As I mentioned above, there are always new cats wandering every spring. Nisantasi residents are very nice to cats. Cats here have specially built residences, I would say "feline villas". They are never hungry thanks to generous people who bring cat food every day.



You can see these comfortable cats at Nisantasi Demokrasi Park, at the yard of Harbiye Military Museum and Cultural Center Commend and at the streets. Some kittens are taken home by the dwellers.

A cat selfie?

2. Bosphorus cats


By Bosphorus cats I actually mean Bosphorus University cats. Most cats are under the care and protection of academicians. The cats wanter in and out of the faculties. It's very common to attend a lecture with a cat on the chair next to you :)

Bosphorus University is founded on a vast area and has a garden covered with grass. If I were a cat, I would deem it the heaven on earth. The students are also mostly cat lovers. They share their foods and spend times with the cats.



You can come across these cuties everywhere, but unfortunately some people are hard on the cats and most drivers are careless of them (and of other animals, and humans). You can take a wounded cat to a veterinary or if it is extremely afraid, you can make it feel safe.

0 yorum:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Istanbul Friendly